COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR / CHEMIST
Salary: Market related
Job Type: Three months fixed term contract with the possibility of permanency
- Grade 12
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Chemistry
- Preferably formulation chemistry experience
- Must have experience in ISO 9001 Quality Management System, SABS and Halaal
- Must have experience with food industry auditing
- Greentag application experience is advantageous
- Must have cleaning chemicals experience
- 3 years’ experience in manufacturing and project management environment
- Must be able to train/facilitate, moderate and assess
- Fluency in English both (both written and spoken)
- Literacy and numerical ability
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Have a resilient and energetic personality
- Ability to perform under pressure
- SHEQ experience and SAP knowledge essential
The Compliance Coordinator/Chemist reports to the Production Manager and coordinates and monitors the implementation of the company’s Health and Safety policies. The Compliance Coordinator/Chemist is to ensure that the company and its staff comply with the requirement of legislation by monitoring compliance, attend and report at safety meetings/briefings and conduct audits.
Furthermore the Compliance Coordinator/Chemist will be involved in product testing, comparative screenings, batch performance tests, and new ingredient evaluations across a variety of chemistry techniques in support of R&D initiatives of various consumer products. The ideal person will be team and customer service oriented, have great attention to detail and be adaptable to change.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Compile and maintain safety files and other related relevant files for projects.
- Conduct risk assessments in the factory when required and identified. Risk mitigation measures in conjunction with employees.
- Provide SHE improvement proposals, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and implementation plan on SHE issues.
- Follow up to ensure that corrective action are implemented where necessary and ensure that requirements are complied with.
- Conduct SHE Committee Meetings (plan, scheduled and review).
- Attend meetings if and when required on behalf of the company’s Chemistry department i.e. Management meetings, Technical meetings (weekly, monthly and quarterly) or as required.
- Investigation and Corrective Actions Reporting.
- Investigate the root cause of complaints put forward by staff members and clients and report the result to the Production Manager.
- Coordinate and participate in the investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports, statistics and presentations related to compliance performance.
- Report to the Production Manager daily / weekly on corrective action.
- Compile and submit investigation reports to the Production Manager.
- Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency. Maintain records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements.
- Supervise the regular inspection of firefighting, safety and emergency response equipment at sites and offices.
- Assist in development and implementing of emergency response procedures and evacuation plans on site and offices. Ensure that these plans are reviewed and updated regularly.
- Ensure that the emergency plans are communicated to staff and visitors and update registers on training and induction.
- Provide detailed audit reports with findings. Identify non-conformities and provide corrective action measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Monitor and review that corrective measures have been implemented.
- Assist in developing and reviewing all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the SHE Management System to be compliant with ISO 9001/2015 standards.
- Ensure that new employees, and site visitors receive SHE inductions before entering the factory.
- Establish and monitor Safe Work Procedures; Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Work Instructions for tasks and to determine continuous improvement.
- Planning and coordinating related training for employees in conjunction with Company strategies. (Bookings, ensuring payments etc.)
- Ensure accurate registration and record keeping of all legislative requirements in conjunction with compliance requirements for but not limited to; PPE registers, Awareness training registers, all office inspection related registers.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time-to-time by management.
- Review and update the health and safety plan.
- Conduct lab tests.
- Assist Production Manager as required.
Enquiries: Prudence Baloyi, HR Assistant, 011 805 9940 or Prudence@blendwell.co.za
Closing Date: Friday, 9 November 2018
Applications are to be addressed to Blendwell Chemicals Human Resources
Fax: 011 805 9945
Hand delivered: Richards Park, 35 Richards Drive, Midrand