Raw Material Puller / Receiver
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Sector: Cleaning Chemicals Manufacturing
- Matric chemistry / biology SG or HG (ideal)
- Understanding of basic chemical terminology such as pH , pH paper, SG, kilograms, litres, acid, base
- 6 Months work experience in any production, warehouse environment preferably.
- Divers Licence, Forklift, PDP (advantageous)
- Age 25+
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Do visual inspection of containers and do not accept damaged goods. If in doubt, contact Production manager.
- Do not accept goods without COA, inform Chemist or QC and Buyer or in their absence inform Production Manager and Production Assistant.
- Any Variations on the COA must be signed off by the Quality Manager or Chemist
- Each container must be clearly marked by the supplier and then we mark it with the order number and date received. The batch number will be same as the Blendwell order no. Put the abbreviation BL in front of the number
- Label the pre-weigh buckets and bags for pre-weighed batches.
- Update the board on raw material shortages and inform buyer or Production Assistant
- Flammable raw materials in their designated areas as soon as they signed for.
- Inform Chemist and put raw material in the quarantine if there is any doubt.
- Wear safety boots, overall and face shield when offloading / handling raw materials.
- Use the clean-up kit for any spills, inform Manager immediately
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Reporting of faulty/ broken equipment
- Monthly count of all raw materials
- General duties required
Closing Date: 22 July 2019